The Gryphon Covertible Grinder offers a revolutionary advance in comfort. By simply rotating the base, the grinding surface converts from horizontal to inclined. For the first time, you can sit while grinding. Even if you stand, the inclined work surface reduces fatigue because you no longer need to stoop over your work to see what you are doing.
The Gryphon Convertible Grinder is supplied with two grinding bits, a 1" and a 1/4". Of course the grinder can except all other sizes of bits as well, including our Slip-On Bits
A new electric automatic pump supplies a reliable and constant flow of water directly to the bit regardless of saw orientation. The use of a sponge is optional with the electric pump.
Loose clothing, hair, jewelry can get caught in moving parts.
Grinding produces glass dust. Ensure that water is making contact with the grinding operation to reduce this risk.
Things to Avoid
- Applying excessive pressure to the grinding bit.
- Do not leave hex wrench or other tools on grinder when in use.
- Ensure that you have good lighting available.
- Ensure the enough water is in the reservoir basin. Water level should be as high as possible without overflowing.
- Verify that water tube is supplying water to the sponge.
- Verify that the sponge is making contact with the grinding head.
- Turn off grinder when not in use.
- Unplug grinder after the end of your worksession.
- Rinse off the grinding bit.
- If the worksession produced a lot of glass residue, change out water in the basin. ** ONLY DISPOSE OF GLASS-WATER IN THE KILN ROOM SINK **